Introducing The Q
A Pediatric Position Holder
Why we call it The Q
(Por Que Lo LLamomos La Q)
The Q Pediatric Position Holder was created by Dr. Frank Quattromani (a.k.a. “Dr. Q”), a board certified pediatric radiologist.
- The Q Pediatric Position Holder is a revolutionary new child friendly, single patient use holder which is effective, safe, simple and versatile.
- The Q Position Holder is an emerging medical technology for children that standardizes the process of securely holding the child for medical procedures.
- Our 1/2” thick, soft polyurethane foam holder has no extraneous straps, boards, or hook & loop attachments.
- Our hope is that we can lessen the anxiety, fear, and distress which are ways that children respond to medical procedures.
- The Q Holder is used for short periods in highly monitored settings.
- No other position holder **leaves the chest, abdomen and pelvis free for unrestricted respirations as well as uninterrupted tube and line placement**.
Most pediatric medical procedures are better performed when the child is motionless
The Q positioner maximizes contact, minimizes movement allowing for sufficient stabilization without unnecessary hands-on
|One Arm Held
(Un Brazo Envuelto)
|Two Arms Held
(Dos Brazos Envueltos Alrededor)
|Two Arms One Leg - Note the Inner Fold
(Dos Brazos Y Una Pierna Envueltos)
|Two Arms Both Legs - Outer Fold Surrounds and Secures
(Dos Brazos Y Dos Piernas Envueltos)
(Reduccion De La Radiacion)
The opportunity to reduce radiation exposure is a critical issue within the pediatric radiology community. The Q assists with positioning for diagnostic X-Rays, thus fewer exposures could mean less radiation.
The Q allows the radiologic technologists to remain further from the primary and scatter radiation.
Frank Louis Quattromani, M.D.
- University Medical Center, Lubbock, Texas
- Clinical Professor of Pediatrics and Pathology, Texas Tech University School of Medicine, Lubbock, Texas
- Former Radiology Consultant to the office of the United States Army Surgeon General
- U.S. Army Colonel (Medical Department), Retired